This website was created to highlight the various injustices perpetrated by G4S, the world’s largest private security company, in the United States, Palestine, and beyond. It is co-hosted by groups working on issues related to G4S including prison divestment, Palestine, and immigrant rights.
During a time of reinvigorated energy around organizing against various oppressive systems such as mass incarceration and the prison-industrial complex, we hope this website will be used by activists to strengthen their G4S campaigns focused on campuses, city councils, and investors. The fact that companies tend to be complicit in human rights abuses across borders also highlights the need for intersectionality and strengthening solidarity across different struggles for justice.
- Afrikan Black Coalition: The Afrikan Black Coalition is a statewide organization of Black students in California.
- American Friends Service Committee: The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action. AFSC created the Investigate Website, a free investment screening tool, to help individuals and institutions identify companies in their investment portfolios that are directly complicit in ongoing severe violations of human rights and international law. Investigate includes extensive information on G4S.
- Arab Resource and Organizing Center: AROC is a grassroots organization working to empower and organize our community towards justice and self-determination for all. AROC members build community power in the Bay Area by participating in leadership development, political education, and campaigns.
- Black For Palestine: In August 2015, more than 1,000 Black activists, artists, scholars, students, and organizations released a statement reaffirming their “solidarity with the Palestinian struggle and commitment to the liberation of Palestine’s land and people.”
- Dream Defenders: An uprising of communities in struggle, shifting culture through transformational organizing.
- Enlace: Enlace is an international multiracial multisector alliance that does capacity building trainings and engages in strategic campaigning for the self-determination of the working people.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation: FOR is composed of people who recognize the essential unity of all creation and have joined together to explore the power of love and truth for resolving human conflict.
- Friends of Sabeel-North America: FOSNA is a non-profit, tax-exempt Christian ecumenical organization seeking justice and peace in the Holy Land through nonviolence and education.
- Hands Up United: A collective of politically engaged minds building towards the liberation of oppressed Black, Brown and Poor people.
- Jewish Voice for Peace: JVP is inspired by Jewish tradition to work for a just and lasting peace according to principles of human rights, equality, and international law.
- Palestinian Youth Movement: PYM is a transnational, independent, grassroots movement of young Palestinians in Palestine and in exile worldwide as a result of the ongoing Zionist colonization and occupation of our homeland.
- US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation: The US Campaign is a national coalition of more than 300 groups working to support the Palestinian struggle for freedom, justice, and equality.
- US Palestinian Community Network: USPCN is a Palestinian community-based organization founded in 2006 to revitalize grassroots organizing in the Palestinian community in the United States as part of the broader Palestinian nation in exile and the homeland.
For more information about the website and G4S, contact: info@JVP.ORG